Sunday, June 11, 2006

Driftwave Car Show '06

Wave 89.1 had its very succesful car show Saturday at the north open parking lot of the SM Mall of Asia. This is our first for the year. The event was dubbed Driftwave '06, in line with our premiere of Fast & the Furious: Tokyo Drift.

We had about a hundred cars and SUVs on display. We also had a drifting exhibition from team DMF. The drifters were amazing. I wanted so much to ride with one of the drivers, but I couldn't muster the courage. When I finally decided to take the risk, the exhibition was over. Ngek. Too bad.

It was a fun event, even after staying under the sun for 7 hours and getting completely sunburned. If you see me now, you think I've been to Bora over the weekend. Hehehe... Close. The mall's near the sea anyway. :)

Here are some pics of the cars that graced our show...

14

13

12

4

3

2

1

The HOT Hyundai Getz... (balang araw magiging ganito rin ang Getz ko...)

9

10

11

And my favorite entry to our Ride the Wave 2 car competition...

8

5

Why this is the favorite of almost all the jocks? Well, he's the only guy who thought of painting our faces on his car. Sweet! :)

6

7

I'm not sure if this car won because I left before the awarding ceremony. But if it did, the owner drove home that day with 89,100 pesos worth of car gear. 'Stig!

No comments: