Monday, March 28, 2011

HBD, Me! :)

I remember quite clearly when my mom turned 32. We woke up early to greet her and sing the birthday song. The night before, I remember me and my sister Adie carefully crafting the cards we were going to give her. That was twenty-something years ago. Now it's my turn to have 32 candles on my birthday cake. Can you believe how fast time flies and sometimes you don't seem to notice?

Yes. Just like that, I'm 32. My last year on the calendar, sadly. But on the brighter side, my first birthday as a married woman. For the past 31 years, I would wake up surrounded by my family. We'd usually wait until 12:01 of the 28th, or if everyone was too sleepy to wait, they'd leave their plenty presents outside my bedroom door. Now it was different. I woke up this morning in the loving arms of my husband, showering me with little kisses and "happy birthday, baby!" greetings. Wonderful way to start my B-day!

So many lovely things to be thankful for. God has been so good to me, filling my life with blessings all these years. Never a day went by that I was not surrounded by people who love me and care for me. Thank you, Lord, for being my Provider and Healer!

When people ask me what my birthday wishes are, it's quite difficult to come up with an answer. What do I want? I honestly don't know. There is a prayer or two that I choose to share with God alone. Apart from that, I'm good, really. Love, prayers and true friendship would be wonderful gifts. (Oh, and maybe a really nice food processor that does the works! Hehe.)

Here we go then. Day 1 of yet another 365-day adventure around the sun. Looking forward to more growth and learning, positive changes, new experiences, and many more reasons to laugh and be thankful! Cheers!

:)

No comments: