Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!


My very first! Can you believe it? It's amazing how all of a sudden your whole life changes and you're a mother and a living being, your own flesh and blood, is depending on you for its own existence. I am now part of this wonderful and very exclusive world of motherhood. And it's great! Exhausting at times, but it's all worth it.

Tomorrow, May 14, my little Aria celebrates her 1st month. I can't believe it has been a month since I labored for 19hours and painfully gave birth to this beautiful 7.10-pound baby girl. Right now, as I write this, she's in her crib, just near our bed, sleeping soundly. I glance at her from time to time to make sure she's comfortable. And my heart melts everytime I look at her. My own child, my dearest daughter. My greatest blessing.

I know now how it feels. I have yet to learn more about motherhood, I know. But in the past 4 weeks, I have experienced enough to understand well what mothers go through during their baby's first months, all the joys and sacrifices, all the sleepless nights and emotional moments. Motherhood is no bed of roses, but I look at my baby and I know that I can and I will bravely face every challenge. All for Aria. Such a great honor to be her mother.

Happy Mother's Day! Cheers to us moms! We rock!

:)

No comments: