Thursday, November 14, 2013

My birthday letter for Daddy



Dear Daddy,



I know you won’t be able to read this right now. But soon, when you finally do, I want you to know that I’m right here with my pom-poms as I write this, cheering you on with my incredibly loud voice that I think I got from you. I’m cheering for you because you’re doing such an awesome and inspiring job, fighting for life, fighting to live. And I will continue to cheer you on until that happy day you get up from your bed and walk out of that darn hospital, and prove all those pessimistic doctors wrong. Malapit na yun! God is on our side.

Happy birthday, Daddy! On this special day of yours, let me thank you for everything that you have done for me. I learned a lot from you all these years, Dad. When I was still working for you, you taught me very important things like the value of work and money, and how important it is to lead by example. I’ve had many other bosses after you, but truth be told, you are the BEST boss there is. I say this not because you’re my Dad, but because you really are the perfect example of a great and inspiring leader. All the other bosses out there should learn from you. You are amazing!

Thank you for teaching me to believe in myself and my capabilities by showing me that you yourself have faith in what I can do. You taught me that I can achieve anything, with hard work and perseverance. I love hearing your stories about how you started from the very bottom, and how you worked your way to the top. I followed your example, Dad, by working my way up the success ladder. I worked hard, showed initiative, accepted workload that weren’t even part of my job description without complaining, because you said that’s how we learn. And when I got promoted to Assistant Manager, I saw in your eyes how proud you were of me. Thank you, Dad. I learned from the best.

Thank you for teaching me to put God above all else in life. You would always tell me, “Seek ye first the kingdom of God.” I’m thankful because you’re the kind of father who made sure that Sundays were strictly for God and for family. You made sure that all of us would hear Sunday mass together, hindi pwedeng kanya-kanya. You would feel bad if one of us made plans with friends or accepted work on a Sunday, because Family Day was very sacred to you. I really appreciate that you raised us that way, Dad. Because look at us now – our family is so amazingly tight-knit. And this togetherness, this closeness, is what’s keeping the family very strong right now, as we face all these trials.



Thank you, Daddy. I am so very happy, proud and so incredibly grateful to have you in my life. You’re my hero. You're my idol. You’re my strongest and fiercest ally. There’s this huge space in my heart that is exclusively for you and no one can ever take that spot for as long as I live.

I’m praying for your recovery and healing, Dad. I look forward to the day you’ll walk out of St. Luke’s and come back home and carry Aria in your arms. She’s a little over 40 pounds now, you know. So you need to regain all your strength to be able to carry your “Baby Bubut” again. She misses you. Everytime I ask her, “Anong sasabihin kay Lolo?” She always answers, “I miss you.” I miss you, too, Dad. Palakas ka ha? Para kwentuhan ulit tayo. I’ll cook your favorite adobo, just the way you like it.



Happy birthday, Daddy! I love you forever.  


1 comment:

ALVERT ACAPULCO said...

happy Birth day po GOD BLESS.