Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Waiting in vain...

What's with today? Traffic is just terrible! This morning, I left home at 8:45 and reached my destination in Makati at 11:30, and my recording was at 10! It would only take me an hour and 15 minutes to get to Makati from my place. Today, it took too long my butt started to hurt.

Anyway, that's not what I wanna talk about. To keep a cool head while driving, I listened to Annie Lennox's WAITING IN VAIN on repeat. It's definitely one of my all-time favorite songs. It's on top of my list of songs that really get to me. I hear the first few notes and - wham! - it just hits me.

Doesn't that happen to you? You hear a song, and it just hits you. A chord in your heart, a memory buried somewhere deep in your mind. Whatever. It just hits you.

Now that song just does it for me.

What is it about the song that affects me? I don't know. It's not that I'm waiting for anyone's love. But I HAVE experienced waiting in vain. Waiting in vain for one boy's love that, well, ended in vain. But that's part of my past. I'm well over it. I just get emotional when I hear the song. Annie Lennox certainly did one helluva revival with that one.

I'll try to hook the song up to this blog. Operative word - TRY. :) If I'm succesful, then listen and see if it hits you, too.

No comments: