Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Updates...

I WENT TO CEBU FOR THE FIRST TIME! :)

And for someone who's new to the Queen City, I'm quite stupid because I didn't take any pictures. So I have nothing to share but stories, my dear friends.

Anyway, I was hired by Director Jackie Aquino to do the voice-over for Samsung Style Watch at the Waterfront Hotel - a 3-day fashion event featuring the works of topnotch designers from Cebu and Manila. It was a fabulous five-day stay for me! Living like a princess, I swear! Not only was I surrounded by beautiful and glamorous people, I was having the time of my life living like royalty - no tiring work, no driving, all our meals were buffet, someone cleaned the room in the morning, and someone turns the covers down and lays fluffy slippers by the bed at night. Buhay prinsesa! And the best part - no bill to worry about upon checking out. Heaven!

I didn't get to go sightseeing because we didn't have much leisure time. But I super enjoyed my stay. And I will go back DEFINITELY for a vacation next time. Shangri-La Mactan - wait for me! :)

----------

After a month of finishing all seven Harry Potter books, I've moved on to a new read and finished it during my Cebu break. Love it!

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS
Sara Gruen's WATER FOR ELEPHANTS.
I got the book at A Different Bookstore in Eastwood, one of the titles the manager there recommended that I read. And I was not disappointed. The story is simple yet beautifully-told. And the "crying" moments will really get to you. I actually found myself teary-eyed and sniffing during rehearsals. Good thing nobody really noticed, or probably pretended not to. :)
Go read this. It's a good one.

No comments: