Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A bit of kwento...

Vin and I attended my French classmate's (meaning, classmate in French 3) birthday party Sunday.

Joyeux anniversaire!


Liezl celebrated her 40th with a dance fete at the AFP Army Clubhouse. I'm not much of a dancer, but that night, we all danced like there was no tomorrow. Such fun!

dancing queens

Syempre lahat kami nakatingin sa feet nung D.I., like our lives depended on them. :) More pics here.

Next in line for a party is...moi! The countdown to the big 3-0 is nearing its end, and I'm actually excited to be now called "old." I don't look it anyway, so who cares! :)

Since everything's hectic because of the big project EAP is working on, I decided to just get a McDonald's birthday bash like last year. I wanted a summer pool party with kiddie stuff like cotton candy and ice cream and hotdogs. But I can't even sneak a foot spa into my schedule, let alone organize a pool party. So I'm letting Ronald McDonald do the job for me.

Yesterday I drove around looking for a good store for the party. After about an hour and a half of searching, I ended up in Eastwood. Back to where I held my 29th. The place and I were meant to be. I picked the theme, paid the fee, chatted animatedly with the store supervisor, and went home with a double cheeseburger meal as a reward for my searching.

The theme I picked was Disney Fairies. The invitation cards are absolutely adorable, with little fairies clad in blue, purple, pink and green. So, being the "arte" girl that I am, I wanted to use pink and purple pens to write on them. I asked my bro, Ant, to drive me to National Bookstore at the Techno Hub, where we grabbed some pink and purple markers, fairy-themed coloring books for the kids in my party, and boxes of crayons. I also got a nice blank scrapbook that I can turn into a dedication book for my guests. I got some scrapbooking materials - little hearts on strings, glittery stickers, embossed butterfly and star stickers, some extra strength glue. I thought I'd make a nicely crafted notebook where they write messages or whatever.

Wait a minute. Shouldn't someone else be doing that for me?

Bah! What the heck. A girl's gotta love herself, can't she? :)

A lot of people don't understand why I'm making such a big deal out of it. But turning 30 is not an ordinary birthday. It's a milestone. You're officially old. You're off the February calendar. You're no longer part of the "youth." You can now get mid-life crisis. Every decade you celebrate is a milestone. That's what the fuss is all about. Get it? Good.

And now I am very much excited. I got all the right people on the list this time. I think there won't be loads of extra food to bring home anymore. I'm getting it right this year. Only people who really care. :)

11 days and counting.

No comments: