Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Crazy for HP!

Image borrowed from files.wordpress.com


I just saw the trailer of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. For reasons other people will never understand, I cried. Four years ago, my girlfriends persuaded me to read the books. After Sorcerer's Stone, I was hooked. The wizards have won over my very soul for the rest of my life.

It all boils down now to the final chapter, where Harry finally comes face to face with destiny, and the one enemy that can never survive while he exists. The final installment will be divided into two parts. The first half will be shown on November of this year. We'll have to wait until July, 2011 for Part 2. But even now, I find myself feeling quite sad that the end has come for this literary masterpiece-turned-silver screen blockbuster. What is there left to expect after Harry Potter? I remember reading a Daniel Radcliffe interview on the net, and he mentioned being worried about life after filming Harry Potter. They were all so used to making the movies that it's hard for them to imagine life afterwards. I think I understand how he feels. After the last chapter, there will be nothing else to look forward to.

Millions of Harry Potter fans all over the globe, including myself, will be waiting eagerly for the Deathly Hallows on the big screen. I re-read all seven books a month or two before an HP film is released. So now I'm dusting off my J.K. Rowling collection so I can start reading them again, for the third time. And I will never grow tired of going through the stories over and over.

Wanna check out the trailer? It's awesome! Click here!

No comments: