Monday, June 7, 2010

Dear old house...

Just recently, my Dad purchased a new house. My family is starting to move their clothes and a few necessities to the new place as I write this. I've only seen the photos, but it's a big and beautiful new home. They're all excited to move out of this old house in BF. I, on the other hand, am feeling passive and somewhat sad. I can't really share in their enthusiasm because the new house was purchased without me being part of the head count anymore. I can't be excited because I don't have a room there to begin with. After my wedding this September, my husband and I will have the old house to ourselves. I'm staying in BF to start a new life. That's why the new Asis residence no longer includes me.

Although I know this would happen eventually and I can't begin to tell you how eager I am to live in this old BF place with my husband, a part of me is feeling sad. I can't help but feel left out. For the next few months, until my wedding day on September 8, I'll be bunking in with my sister, Adie. There isn't even a guest room where I can temporarily place my things. So I have no choice but to borrow a bit of space in her bedroom. Sigh.

I guess that's why I feel no affection for the new house, no matter how grand and beautiful it is. I'm not that excited to see it. I'm happy for my folks because they've always wanted to move to a bigger house in a better village. But my heart stays in this old place. This has been my home for the past nineteen years. And this will continue to be my home as I start a new chapter in my life very soon, as Alvin's wife.

I'm staying with you, dear old house. Because I know that no matter what happens, you'll always have a room for me.

No comments: