Thursday, September 16, 2010

Becoming Mrs. Carilo


September 8, 2010 was our Big Day. After being boyfriend and girlfriend for ten years, Vin and I finally tied the knot and are now officially Mr. and Mrs. Carilo.

It was the perfect day to get married. It was Mama Mary's birthday. And we were blessed with such lovely weather. We were surrounded by our families, relatives and friends, mostly people who loved us and cared about us. They say one can never have a flawless wedding. True, ours had some minor glitches. But all in all, everything was absolutely beautiful!

More wedding photos to be posted soon.

After a quick mini-honeymoon (our REAL honeymoon is scheduled next month), Vin and I finally moved into our new home. How does it feel like? Not so different. Only now I get to wake up next to the man I love every single day of my life.

I'm going through a bit of an adjustment phase though. I've lived with my parents for 31 years. Now I'm super missing my Dad and Mom, and my siblings, too. I miss the noises in our old home, my Dad's booming voice, my Mom singing in the kitchen, my sisters and my brother making kulitan. I find it quite lonely sometimes, being away from them. To comfort myself, I remind myself that the old house is a mere stone's throw away, just a 3-minute drive away (5-minutes if you get stuck in Don Antonio traffic). I know I'll eventually get used to this new setup. It's gonna take time, but everything's going to be alright.

Thank you to everyone who helped and supported us during the months and weeks leading to our Big Day. A lot of my friends "sponsored" the wedding by giving free services. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart! And I know it was a working day, so thank you to everyone who took a leave just to be part of my Big Day. God bless you! :)

This girl is married, and oh-so-happy, in every sense of the word.

:)

Check out more wacky shots at www.litratojuan.com


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey your blog design is very nice, neat and fresh and with updated content, make people feel peace and I always enjoy browsing your site.

- Norman