Thursday, January 19, 2012

:(

Woke up this morning to news of couples breaking up. Actually, 2012 has started with a lot of break-ups. And it's always a sad, sad thing. I have gone through a terrible split myself in 2008 (which I will always remember as the most tumultuous year of my life) and I know how it feels - the emptiness, the feeling of being lost, the sadness that's like a black hole sucking you into its vastness.

The pain eventually dulls and the wounds heal. And most of us come out of the ordeal a better and stronger person. It just shows how humans are really wired to survive any emotionally catastrophic event in our lives. People will always say, This too shall pass. But of course, a breakup is still...well, heartbreaking.

2012 is supposed to be bringing good luck, they say. I guess if you're going through something terrible right now, you can hold on to the truth that this will turn out to be good for you in the end. God really does know best. Hang in there!

"Sometimes it lasts in love, and sometimes it hurts instead. ~Adele"

No comments: