Friday, January 27, 2012

Meet Aria!

After such a long wait, I finally had my ultrasound today. I wanted to have a Congenital Anomaly Scan done, that's why my OB made me wait a bit longer. The CAS wasn't required. I just asked for one because I wanted to be certain that my baby was developing well inside me. 

And here she is!

Our beautiful baby girl. Aria Asis-Carilo.
Aria Asis-Carilo. Alvin and I were such proud and happy parents as we watched her on the little screen while the doctor showed us every little detail of her body. Alvin was beaming, I was smiling and crying at the same time - just like during the first ultrasound. I can't even begin to describe the feeling of seeing that little ball of life moving and breathing inside you. Ibang klase!

Aria was moving while the CAS was being done. She was moving her arms, opening her mouth, wiggling her feet. And while we watched the movement on screen, I was feeling the motions inside my tummy, too. It was wonderful! No, actually wonderful is an understatement. 

My husband and I are so thankful for this incredible blessing. And knowing that the little one is normal, healthy and doing A-OK inside my tummy is once again another answered prayer. Thank You, Lord! God is good all the time. 

In a week's time, I shall be entering my 7th month. Last trimester! I'm exclaiming a whoop of joy for making it this far so smoothly. Here's hoping that everything will be smooth-sailing until I give birth in April. I think one of the reasons why my pregnancy has been such a terrific journey is because I'm happy. I truly am! I'm enjoying every moment of this new experience. Oh yes, there are times (a lot of times, actually) when I felt like a huge mommy elephant. But I'm always surrounded with so much love and positivity that the bad vibes are always overshadowed. And my husband telling me every single day that I'm beautiful - that works wonders, believe me. 

We'll be seeing Aria again in February for the 4D ultrasound. Can't wait! 

Thank You, God! 

No comments: