Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy 2012!

And just like that, it's a brand new year! Time really does just zoom by when you're having fun.

Me at 5 months :)
It's been a terrific ride, the past year. I learned and tried new things, got to travel for free, take lots of beautiful photos, spent time with family and good friends and wonderful people. And the highlight of 2011: my pregnancy. Yes, folks, my husband and I are having a baby! As I write this, I am already entering my 6th month. The experience is so beautiful, I'm telling ya! I am one of the lucky few without morning sickness, complications or even excess weight gain. Well, the controlled weight gain is mainly attributed to my continued exercise regimen and discipline at the dining table. Meaning, hard work. But all in all, my pregnancy is running smoothly. So far, so good. I am very, very thankful.

The baby's already moving actively, too! When my husband and I woke up yesterday, January 1st, he placed his hand on my tummy when I told him that baby was awake, too. And he felt the little one move for the very first time. Alvin was so happy, and beaming like a proud daddy! It was such a beautiful way to start the new year.

My goal last year was to make it a learning year, and the most important thing that I learned is the value of family. This year, I aim to count my blessings more often, to be more positive, to blog more often, to not sweat the small stuff, to spend more precious moments with people who matter and worry only about things that are important, and to become the best mom that I can be.



I lift my heart in a prayer of thanks for the wonderful year that passed. Here's hoping that 2012 will be even more awesome!

Happy new year! :)
 

No comments: