Sunday, May 9, 2010

Updates..

Last Thursday on Wave 891's Talk of Fame, I guested dubber friends of mine - Clarisse Castelo and Jess Reyes (aka Jess The Blade) - to talk about the industry. Jess The Blade on my show, can you believe that? One of Philippine Radio's pillars. I remember back in high school, I used to listen to him on Magic 89.9. He was one of my favorite jocks, together with The Gaucho and Joe D'Mango.

(Jess, if you're reading this, I'm not trying to hit on your age, okay? I'm just saying you're awesome, and I can't believe you actually guested on my show. After nine years in radio, I actually still feel like a newbie sometimes.)

Anyway. I first saw The Blade in person when my mentor, Don Henry of K-Lite, brought me to the station for training. That was about eleven years ago. During my senior year in UST and Henry would bring me to K-Lite to learn the ropes while he boarded. And now, I'm actually friends with Jess The Blade. I've hosted events with him. I've worked with him, dubbing telenovelas and all. He was my leading man in many of those telenovelas, too. How cool is that? And he guested on my radio show. I am honored. Thanks, Jess! Who knows? You might be hearing more of his voice on our side of the frequency real soon. Let's all wait and see.

:)


----------

A lot of pesky people have been asking me these questions lately:

When do you plan to get pregnant?
When are you going to have a baby?
Are you ready to sacrifice now?
You're 31. When do you plan to have a baby?

First of all, let me just tell you that you annoy me big time. I seriously believe that people annoy you with dumb, tactless questions and brag about their babies to girls who don't have any just to cover up for something missing in their own lives.

So here is my answer. I am not yet married. Do you see a wedding ring on my finger right now? Nada. I will get pregnant AFTER I get married. My fiance and I are tying the knot before the fourth quarter of this year. After that, we want to spend a couple of months enjoying our new "husband and wife" status. I want to bask in that wonderful feeling of being his wife, taking care of my husband without having to think of a baby just yet. Then, by next year probably, we plan to get pregnant. That's how the order of things are in my world. My parents aren't keen on the idea of getting grandchildren first before getting sons-in-law. Frankly, I think that kinda zaps away the romance in the starting years of newlyweds. And besides, I want to fit into a very sexy wedding gown.

If you don't like this answer, then don't ask me tactless questions. They're rude, and you'll get slapped on the face with a hurtful reply.


----------

It's Mother's Day! Kudos to all the moms and moms-to-be out there. And to the most awesome mommy in the whole world - MINE! - Ma, you rock! Love you!



:)

No comments: