Saturday, October 3, 2009

On change...

The month of September brought about a lot of changes. Some fast and abrupt. Some slowly brewing. Sometimes change brings about fear, disturbing the peace. At one point, I found myself troubled by all the changes. I wanted things to stay the same. My safety zone was a good world to be in.

But after a lot of thinking, I said to myself that maybe the best thing to do is embrace the changes that life throws at me. Instead of going against the tide, maybe one should follow where the new current leads. Change is inevitable. New shouldn't be feared. Like a typhoon that rampages, then leaves the plain with cleaner air.

A lot of things have changed. Even until now, I'm watching some things slowly transforming, or disappearing. Things we've gotten used to. Old things I thought were permanent. Truth is, nothing is permanent but change.

And I say to life, bring it on! I shall embrace these changes and hope that all these would bring about new learnings and better experiences. It's time to step out of my comfort zone. Welcome all that's new. New thoughts. New ways. New roads. Shake hands with new people and look at new faces. Build new ties. Hop on a new bus.

Time asks no questions, it goes on without you,
leaving you behind if you can't stand the pace.
The world keeps on spinning,
you can't stop it, if you try to...

- You Gotta Be, Des'ree.

In the midst of these changes, I am thankful for the few precious things that remain steady, steadfast and permanent. To this I sing a line from the famous Beach Boys song: God only knows what I'd be without you.


No comments: