Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Movie marathon!

Watched two flicks with my beau over the weekend.
wedding crashers
WEDDING CRASHERS with Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn. Really funny! It got a couple of negative reviews over the net. But I liked the movie. Light and funny - heck, it's a comedy. And I realized one thing, Vince Vaughn is CUTE! No wonder Jennifer Aniston's into him.
chocolate factory
CHARLIE & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY. Love it! And Johnny Depp is sooo sexy. Never mind if he looked like Michael Jackson in this flick. He's such a versatile actor. I can't think of any other Hollywood star who wouldv'e made a better Willy Wonka.

I cried during the part when Charlie's grandpa gave him a coin to buy a Wonka bar, fished out from his old, worn wallet. It reminded me of my own lolo. He wanted to buy me an expensive car alarm when my dad went to the US. He was handing over some bills to my dad when they were in the auto shop. My dad wouldn't have it of course.

And I also got teary-eyed when Charlie said he only gets a Wonka bar once a year, during his birthday. How sad is that? :(
shopaholic
Hooked into Sophie Kinsella's third installment of Shopaholic. I just adore Luke! But I hate his mom! She's so...grrr! Good thing my in-laws are wonderful people. :)

No comments: