Monday, December 27, 2004

Christmas reflections...

This year’s Christmas gave me a very important lesson: COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS. For the past few weeks, I’ve been complaining about being very tired, and not having enough time to feel the Christmas spirit. Now I realized how blessed I am. God has been so kind and generous to me. My rakets have been flowing in non-stop. Because of that, I have earned enough money to pay for my car’s monthly amortization for the next 10 months, and my Picanto hasn’t even arrived yet. My family has been very supportive, especially my parents. Mom and Dad were encouraging me to go on, keep on accepting the rakets regardless of the budget and the talent fee. Some paid pretty good. The others so-so. But they just told me to take them, and thank God for every opportunity and every blessing. And so my calendar has been loaded to the brim. And my savings account – very happy. My Hon has been very supportive and understanding. I don’t know how he does it – but he still loves me to bits inspite of my biting moods and my getting angry for no reason at all. I share a bond with my besty that’s indestructible, even if we don’t see each other for months. I have a great pal at work – Mareng Ida, who can make the sun shine even on unbearable days. And even if I’ve been very busy this month, there were still lots of shared moments with my loved ones – laughing, telling stories, and enjoying each other’s company, opening gifts at midnight and making fun of the really stupid presents. :) Yes, I’m so blessed. And I feel so foolish, complaining about really dumb things. This year’s Christmas gave me a knock on the head. Be thankful. Be grateful. Life’s been kind, God is always good. Instead of sulking in the dark whenever it rains, I should just go out with arms stretched out and savor each raindrop. For after it pours, the skies always turn blue, the flowers are brighter, the land refreshed, and things get sweeter and better. Merry Christmas!

No comments: