Sunday, December 19, 2004

Missing Christmas...

I'm afraid Christmas would be passing by, and I haven't and still won't be able to savor much of the Holiday spirit. I was looking at my calendar the other day. And I was surprised, almost shocked, when I realized that Christmas was just a couple of days away, a week to be exact. I asked myself - what in heaven's name have I been doing? Well...I've been very busy, loaded with work. I loaded my December with rakets, hostings, VOs, recordings and everything I could get money from. I had a gig everyday. I even have a hosting job on the 25th and 26th, when everyone else is enjoying Christmas day with family and friends, I'll be holding a mic and doing the job that I love but has taken so much of my time. All because I'm saving up for my car. I can't wait for the Picanto to be delivered by January or February next year, and buying the car has given me the drive to save and work even harder, to push my body and my strength to the limit, even getting two to three gigs in a day. But it also made me miss out on all the fun stuff - shopping for the holidays, eating out everyday, all the things you do several days before the big Dec. 25. I don't have gifts yet for my Hon. I haven't bought myself anything new for Christmas (because I'm so scared to spend these days, I just want to save every peso). I'm afraid this year's Christmas will pass, and I wouldnt have enough time to savor it. I miss the Christmases past, Hon and I would complete the 9-day simbang gabi, we would have breakfast with Tito Rey after that, we would go shopping, or skip work and just be intimate the whole day. I'd meet up with my bestfriend, or with Nadine. I'd spend all my 13th month on gifts for my family, and new clothes and shoes for me. Now...I'm so goddamn busy. I'm not complaining, but I just miss Christmas.

No comments: